in Brazzaville - Congo
Experience: 12 - 25
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology/Engineering(Civil, Other Engineering)
Nationality: Any Nationality
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area:Engineering Nov 15, 2017
• The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the financial administration of the contract and for checking the Contractor’s payment applications and verifying the amounts claimed by the Contractor against agreed measurement records and suppliers invoices.
• The Quantity Surveyor checks the drawings, the quantities executed and the tables and measurement sheets submitted by the contractors and invoices for any discrepancy or differences.
• The Quantity Surveyor provides advice on methods of measurement found in the contract in order to give a fair opportunity for all the concerned parties and to ensure the contractor is accurately paid for actual work done in accordance with the method of measurement stated in the contract.
• Schedule work load in an efficient and organized manner to ensure Contractor’s payments are processed within the time stipulated in the Contact. Contractor’s payment certificates are reviewed and payment applications are submitted on time.
• Review the specifications, Bill of Quantities and drawings and advise the Resident Engineer of any differences and/or discrepancies in Contract documents for methods of measurements, at the beginning of every project. Fair methods contained in the contract and applied in the works.
• Read and understand the contents and details of the bill of quantities for each project as well as the preamble to the bill of quantities, and any other documents relating to payments to the contractor. Responsible for the financial administration of the contract. Financial aspects of the contract are handled professionally.
• Review the Interim Payment Invoices submitted by the contractor and agree with the contractor on the executed quantities. IPC is issued with accurate information.
• Discuss and attempt to reach mutual agreement with the Contractor on rates for new work items that are not covered in the Bill of Quantities. Submit rates to the Employer for approval. Rates of new items are approved.
• Review claims submitted by the Contractor and submit a report to the Resident Engineer for approval. Quality of reporting for decision making.
• Ensure application of retention in the interim payments and reduction of the same in the final payment as per the contract’s requirements. Ensure monthly deduction of advance payment if applicable. Final account includes all information, variations and claims.
• Review with the Resident Engineer, the final payment invoice submitted by the contractor, and ensure that the cost of all approved variations orders is included. Accurate final account. Cost of variations and claims is reflected.
• Supervise and check the work of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor to ensure the accuracy of collected data. Accuracy of work produced.
• Review and approve the complete list of BOQ items that is submitted by the contractor at the eginning of the contract. Forward approval for the preparation of the interim payment. Complete and thorough review of BOQ items.
• In case of changes, review all site measurements that are provided by the contractor to ensure correctness of these measurements and incorporate them in the payments. Changes are reflected by the contractor. Invoices are accurate.
• Coordinate with the Design Team for the preparation of tender’s documents for prime cost / provisional sum items and forward to the Resident Engineer for approval. All necessary information is included.
• Prepare Tenders Analysis Report and forward to the Resident Engineer for approval. Report is clear and includes all information that is necessary to make an informed decision.
• Prepare monthly cost report. Accurate information. Report is easy to understand.
• Advise Senior Resident Engineer on all contractual matters of the Project including dispute, Employer default, Contractor default, and claim notices etc. SRE and Employer are kept informed on all contractual matters as they arise.
• Advise the Senior Resident Engineer on the requirements of Performance Bond, Tender Bond, Insurance, Advance payment, retention guarantee etc. Knowledge and experience applied to provide useful advice.
• Review the agreed breakdown of preliminaries to ensure full compliance with the Conditions of Contract. Preliminaries are being paid within the Interim Payments as per the agreed breakdown.
• The Quantity Surveyor must maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail under tight timelines in order to deliver accurate work with no delay to contractor’s work.
• Administrative and technical issues and performance evaluation, the Quantity Surveyor reports to the Resident Engineer. The Quantity Surveyor communicates on a regular basis with the contractor and reports to the Resident Engineer on a regular basis on all issues
Keyword: Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineering, Site Supervision, Site Engineering, BOQ, DUbai, UAE