in Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Experience: 10 - 15
Education:Basic - Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology/Engineering
Nationality: Any Nationality
Industry Type: Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area:Engineering Jun 13, 2018
• Review, comment, and administer HSE plan & procedures of contractors.
• Assist the contractors in implementation of the Safety policy and HSE requirements as stipulated under the contract and by law.
• Ensure that the Project Management and Client are kept up to date on HSE evaluation and performance of contractors.
• Conduct Audits on HSE Management system of contractors to analyze the effectiveness and report the audit findings to Project management and client.
• Observe and comment on overall HSE statistics, such as Accident Frequency Rate of the project, unsafe acts/condition, analyze the trend and conduct training and meetings with contractor’s management.
• Prepares Safety Alert Posters of concerning activities to prevent accidents.
• Liaising contractors for reports submission (Accident/ Incident Reports, Monthly Safety Reports and Weekly Site Safety Inspection close out reports etc.
• Keep eye on updates or changes in local or federal HSE requirement and laws and update the respective management accordingly.
• Review and comment on all HSE related documentation.
• Review and comment method statements and risk assessments.
• Conduct and lead HSE workshops.
• Chair and conduct HSE meetings with contractors.
• Observe work activities and identify hazards in a range of operations such as Lifting, Work at height, Chemical handling, Operating machinery, Excavation etc.
• Carry out regular daily and weekly inspections of the work area to identify unsafe acts and conditions and advice line management of contractors for the rectification.
• Perform monthly joint site safety inspections with Project Management, Client and report site safety performance.
• Observe HSE training of contractors, monitor and comment on its effectiveness.
• Analyze and suggest Training need to contractors.
• Conduct training on major subjects to contractor’s management.
• Observe, monitor and comment on contractor’s Fire Fighting and Emergency arrangements.
• Observe and monitor the safe use of tools, machinery and equipment and ensure all such equipment are certified and tagged by a competent person.
• Conduct accident, incident investigation and report the findings to respective management.
• Observe and ensure that contractor’s maintain accurate and organized records of all safety related certification and ensure all equipment are inspected, calibrated and tested.
• Observe and monitor the Daily Tool Box Talks are carried out before the commencement of the activities.
• Observe and monitor Weekly Special Tool Box Talks and Monthly Mass Tool Box Talk of the contractors.
• Ensure that the all personnel observe and follow the established safety guidelines.
• Monitor and inspect of high risk activities controlled by the permits such as Lifting activity, hot work, Work at Height, Excavation, Confined space etc.
• Overall responsible to supervise all HSE related actions of contractors to review, comment and monitor.
• Other job requirements to be full filled as per project specification. (Yellow Jacket System )